Monday, April 27, 2009

Rough day

So today is my last day in the free world, as I am going back to work tomorrow. And while I feel great in regards to my health, when I think about not having the freedom to see my baby (and right to sleep ;D) It makes me sad. Le sigh.

I was able to go see Dawson twice today, and I cannot say that today is ranked very high on my list. My little wiggle worm managed to extubate himself today, which gave the nurse a run for her money. His levels were still okay, and his biliruben levels are down so he will only have the phototherepy for 12 hours a day now. Over the weekend Dawson's arterial IV line came out, so they put another one in today, and I watched. I didn't want to, being that I hate needles and blood, but I just could not leave him there. He "cried" the whole time, even though he makes no sound, and that hurt so bad. I know when he can cry out loud (which I CANNOT wait to hear) I will not be able to listen to that type of pain, it just hurts your heart. Looks like Daddy will be taking him for shots.

When I went back up in the evening, that stupid line had come out again, which means not only are they going to poke him all night in the heel for his blood gases, they are going to have to do another Arterial IV tomorrow. Uck.

They also are showing some concern with his kidneys, as his urine output is low considering the amount of fluids he is taking in. This is bad because that is more fluid that could potentially back up into his lungs, and it is more fluid for him to process, which is just more work for him.

I put a prayer request in a Riverview Church, and this came back from one of their members. Currently, my favorite prayer.

Heavenly Father be with Dawson as his little lungs(and kidneys) and tiny body continue to develop, and Lord be with the NICU doctors and nurses caring for Dawson. Lord give them wisdom and knowledge as they care for Dawson's needs. Lord I lift up Dawson's family that they will continue to seek you during this time. Lord I ask all this in the name of your son, Amen

Samual 1:27-28, "I asked the Lord to give me this boy, and he has granted my request. Now I am giving him to the Lord, and he will belong to the Lord his whole life."

No comments: