Monday, January 24, 2011

Mini Goal Monday

In true Here comes the Sun fashion, here I am to rip off another blog idea that I love! ha! I really have enjoyed getting to read Monica's blog over the last few months. She is a daily food blogger, a runner, and a spit-fiery red-head (with a cutie cat to boot!).

Well every Monday she does this post about her weekly mini-goals. Mini-goals? How awesome is that? I can do some mini-goals! So I thought I would post and share what I am going to be working and focusing on this week.

  • Weight Loss! 
    • A given, but I would really like to lose at least 1.6lbs this week. That would bring me to a total of 10lbs lost with WW, and bring me to my 5% weight loss goal. (A goal that WW automatically sets for you.)  
  • Foooooooood 
    • I would like to keep focusing on getting in my fruits, veggies and power foods. Last week I could really tell a difference in how much better I felt, and how much longer my tank was full!
  •  Sweat!
    • Last week I worked out 6x/week. I was really proud of myself for making it a priority, but I also know that 5x is also a great accomplishment. I am going to leave my weekly goal for 5x and try to stick with the 6 days. I just don't want to start beating myself up if I need to rest!
  • Health
    • I am hoping I am not alone here, but I am really bad at remembering to floss. I have bought gadgets and pics and doo-dads to try and make flossing more appealing, but well it doesn't work. Because it's flossing. I would like to get better about adding this into my nightly routine, and do this 4x this week. 
  • My Main Man!!
    • Not that we don't regularly anyway, but we are continuing to work on his walking skills this week. We have some exercises that we do, and just really try to build his confidence. He is so close, but still resisting taking the plunge.
Also, call me corny, but I seen this on the Biggest Loser this week, and thought it was a great idea! One of the team members, Jay from the Green Team, had a number goal in mind for his weigh in. He wrote it on his forearm everyday, to keep that as a reminder of what he was working towards. I tried it last week, I wrote the number of weight I wanted to lose on the inside of my wrist/ or top of my hand every day. I really thought it was encouraging and kept my goal FRONT AND CENTER for me last week. And it worked. That's all I'm telling you. For my actual weigh in, wait for FFF!!

As noted above, my goal is 1.6 but 2 is easier to write left handed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I love writing the number on your hand. Especially the hand that you EAT with :) Keep up the good work, girlie!

Vanessa said...

I soooo luv the mini-goal idea!
I would love to incorporate this into my "mcfatty monday" blog posts..instead of just reflecting on the week past I could plan ahead..super idea-so glad i popped by your blog today :-)

p.s I think you have some great goals this week!

Vanessa