Friday, January 14, 2011

Fat Free Friday

So, because I adore Many Sleepless Nights, I suppose I will get back to doing these. I feel like I had such a great momentum going, and then as soon as the holidays hit and I had a gain. I quit. I always do that. As soon as I gain, I hide from it, don't want to talk about it, don't want to OWN it, that I just act like it doesn't happen. Which is not good. Unfortunately, gains are part of the adventure and something that must be owned. I would really like to work on identifying my bad weeks, my gains and what got me there, as well as owning up to them when they happen. Boo. So, Welcome back to Fat Free Friday at Here Comes the Sun!

So, on that not. I am dying. Well not really. But I feel like it. I have been sick for almost a week, and this is the worst I have felt, since, well pregnancy. [Talk about a scary thought!] I have the whole, coughing, sneezing achey crap, and then add to that an ear infection and dizzy spells, and well I am a whole pile of fun!
So this week I have been hitting the fruits like crazy, and shooting NyQuil like it's my job. Usually when I am stuck home [weekends] I am worse at sticking to program, and end up going over my P+ and sometimes even over my weekly points, but because of the amount, of moaning and sleeping I have been doing it hasn't really been to bad this week. So I still went to meeting. I wasn't really sure how to feel, because the last time I worked out this week was Saturday [BodyPump].

And...191.4! WAHOO! Down 2.8 from last week and at a Total loss of 23lbs. I will take it.

TELL ME: What do you do when you are sick? Sleep? Kick back the OJ? What helps you tackle a cold? AND, do you keep up your fitness regimen?

When you have a gain, do you own it? Ignore it? Identify it? Talk to me about owning up!

2 comments:

Former Fat Bride said...

Hey girlie! I'm sorry you're not feeling well :( I had the same sinus crap for about 2 weeks straight. I would just take motrin, sudafed and then nyquil at night! Congrats on the loss; you are doing an amazing job!!

Anonymous said...

When I'm sick I sleep as much as possible (ha!)

I tend to do the same thing as far as weight gain. I have a great week, get cocky, gain, cry, retreat, avoid blogging about weight loss because I'm ashamed, write a blog post that admits defeat & beg for forgiveness/advice/tips.

It always feels better once I hit publish, but it's really hard to admit when I've had a rough week, especially when I've gained.

Just remember that slow weight-loss is much better than 5 pounds/week then gaining it all back.

You did great this week! Keep it up! Go to another meeting! Keep eating those fruits & veggies! I'm here if you are feeling weak; just call me!