Friday, January 21, 2011

Fat Free Friday 1/21/11

Good Morning peeps, and Happy Friday!! Welcome to Fat Free Friday hosted by myself here at Here comes the Sun, and Tara at Many Sleepless Nights. We have teamed up to bring you a weight-loss inspired blog check in!  We have both had very different journeys with weight loss & we hope to inspire & motivate you each week.  We also know that you have your own stories of inspiration.  We want to hear your stories as well!  Your loss, your gain, your goals, your rewards, everything!  We want this to be a place where any other blogger that is sharing our weight-loss journey can link up their blog and share their story!! Just leave me some love below, and I will be sure to come check out your story!

I am so glad it is finally Friday! Why didn't someone create 2 day work weeks and 5 day weekends, that would really just suit me way better.

So, I actually do not have a weight to report today. GASP! I know! But, on Sunday of last week, I decided to go to my 2nd WW meeting of the week, because I really liked last weeks topic (Power foods*) and can always use the refresher. Well, like always, my plans never turn out right. Turns out Sunday kicks off the WW week so I got a sneak peek of this weeks topic (Using your weekly points, the RIGHT way) which I would have attended on Wednesday. Only, I liked this meeting WAY better. So I decided to switch meetings, so I will be going on Sundays at 11am now. The leader is great, the group is chatty and helpful, I just really enjoyed myself. And that will give me 5 days to get my FFF post ready. Win!

I do have something to report though. Over the weekend I was in Target (I<3 Target) and bought a new pair of jeans. There were 2 pair I was deciding on, and I ended up getting just one. They were Merona's Boot-cut jeans with the Comfort, no gap waistband. Yeah I said it. Whatever.

These jeans had a comfortable waistband (No digging, no gapping) and were the perfect cut to wear with high-heeled boots to work. I really like them, but after wearing them once, I found they had a little to much stretch. So at the end of the day, they were too bulky. I am going to return them for a smaller size.

In the mean time, I have not been able to get the second pair of jeans out of my mind. They were a wider cut, Merona, Trouser denim jean. Classy, and cute. So I went back for them last night. And bought them. IN A SIZE 12. This is such a great non-scale victory for me! I was so happy, and I have not been a 12 in...pshhhhhew....3 years? My wedding dress was a 12. The shorts I wore on my honeymoon were 12s (2007) but one year later on our anniversary cruise to the Caribbean (2008), I wore a size 14. It has just helped my attitude toward my Weight-loss adventure, and proven to be another push for me.

Anyway, enough about my pants. I hope you all have a wonderful Friday, I am. I got up early and tried Jillian Michaels's new "Shred it with Weights" Dvd. I did it with a 10lb kettlebell  and I really enjoyed the workout. Its quick (30mins) but in the first 5 you will feel the sweat start to move. I also added 3 mins of plank rotations to the end of it. I am also having an amazing hair day, and while some systems are struggling at work this morning, I have nothing but high hopes for today. I am celebrating Christmas tonight with some Veggie Pizza, and amazing company, in the form of a long lost friend. I haven't seen this girl in far to long, and I am looking forward to some girl talk.

Have a fantastic weekend, and see you all on the flipside!

*"Power Foods are determined by the energy density of a food as well as the nutrient content of a serving of food. We combined foods into categories, for example beef, cookies, yogurt, and ranked all the foods in each category using a proprietary formula tailored to the category. (Some categories, such as cookies, do not have any items that make the cut.) The foods that rose to the top of the list — based on the lowest energy density, as well as being low in fat, saturated fat, sugar, sodium, (depending on category) and/or fiber — are determined to be Power Foods. They are the healthiest and most filling choices within a specific category of foods" Taken from WeightWatchers.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on the drop in pant size! That is such an amazing accomplishment & it's really more rewarding that a drop in numbers because it just makes it so much more REAL. Awesome job, momma.

Former Fat Bride said...

I think non scale victories are waaaay better than scale victories! awesome job on the new pant size {I can't get past the 16s?!} and I'm glad you're enjoying your WW class!