Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Weight Loss Wednesday

196.4. (Total loss 18.4). Needless to say I think I am hitting a plateau or I really stink at eating. I'm thinking it's the latter. Either way my total weight loss for October was...drum roll please... 1.2 lbs. Umm, Wha?!

So, I like food. And I usually like all of the foods I shouldn't. Halloween Candy? Yes please. Chocolate? Yes Please. Pizza? YEP! I like all the greasy, fatty, crap food goodness and sometimes it is so hard for me to say no. I am trying to take a breather and just get back to the basics. Trying to remember that even if I am eating granola in the morning, too much granola can still be counter-productive. I think a lot of people, especially Women need that reminder, or refresher rather to get back to what works for them. At least I do. I really would like to stay on goal and get to 180 by Christmas, but more importantly just stay on track.

I am still working out anywhere from 4-6 days a week, sticking with running and adding in some strength training. I really like BodyPump, which is a Les Mills program that is weights/strength training that is set to music. We have a great instructor at the gym and she really gets it moving. I also started Tabata training this week, which is a very high intensity cardio workout, with weights. I recruited 3 girls, and have even got 2 of them to join the gym with me. Having a workout buddy is always a plus!

I had a check up with my Dr. this morning, and much to my surprise, I have hypothyroidism. Basically, my thyroid is a slacker! What the heck Thyroid!!! So I will be trying out some medication to find a balance for me, and trying to get it going again. I will re-check in again in 3 months. Fingers crossed this might help with my journey as well! But, guess who had a "normal" Blood pressure reading today?! THIS GIRL! That's right, for the first time in almost 2 years, my BP was back down to normal! YAY! While I am frustrated that my weight is not moving as quickly as I would like it too, this makes all the exercise worth it.

I am heading into November with some new goals for myself, head held high and knowing that I CAN do it!!

3 comments:

4stemmes said...

Try to keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat so if you have been working out 4-6 times/week, maybe you are just replacing some of the fat with muscle.

Good luck with your November goals!

Former Fat Bride said...

I have hypothyroidism too BLEH! The medicine should help with your journey :) It's helped me quite a bit.
Just think of it this way..you LOST in October! If you weren't on this weight loss journey imagine what you could have gained?!
Keep up the great work!

sarah (SHU) said...

getting the thyroid levels right is definitely essential! more energy and a faster metabolism -- definitely two good things :) i hope it's been helping!