Friday, November 26, 2010

Let's talk turkey (Fat- Free FRIDAY)

Welcome to the BLACK FRIDAY edition of Fat-Free Friday. Again, our official launch is NEXT Friday, but since I weighed in, you are getting a bonus! True Black Friday right here at Here Comes the Sun!
Yesterday morning I got up at 7:15 7:30 and raced around to get ready. Ready for what? I ran my very first TURKEY TROT yesterday morning. This is our capital's 10th Turkey Trot and the turnout was AMAZING!! It was so packed, and so fun! I did not have high-hopes for this race since our whole house has been sick for the last week, and I have not run longer than 5 minutes since before daylight-saving time. I got out there, and it was spritzing, which has yet to improve my run time. But you know what? I HAD FUN! The crowd was awesome, packed, and in great spirits. There were costumes, puppies, stroller, kids cheering on their parents, patrolmen cheerleaders and just a TON of people. I was determined to run for the first mile and a half, and then walk half and then just get through it as I could. And I forgot to walk. For real, my legs just felt great and I was pacing myself and enjoying the music and crowd and I never walked!! I RAN MY FIRST FULL 5k, THANKSGIVING DAY 2010. WAHOOOO!!!
  • Chip Time: 43:00 on the dot. 
  • Gun Time: 43:55
So this certainly was not my fastest 5k, but I don't even care. I finished [along with 2,307 others!!!!!], and I finished running. What an amazing accomplishment! I LOVE IT!

We then went to family's to enjoy the festivities. I am so Thankful for all I have been blessed with. I have TWO amazing families, An amazing miracle boy and great husband, my job, my health that is on the mend and so many material things. I ate, enjoyed, giggled, and just had a GREAT day. D was a total ham and took it all in, showed off and ate up! He loved all of the different kinds of potatoes, squash soup, and green beans. Turkey was still a little to hard for him this year, but he tried it anyway.
Last night my Bestie Joy surprised her family by coming home for Thanksgiving, and surprised us after. It was a GREAT surprise. We were up until midnight just talking and laughing. I miss that girl!

I chose to pass on Black Friday this year, but still got up in time to grab bagels for my team at work today. Then, I had to weigh in. Dum Dum Dum. I wasn't sure if I was even going to today, but I felt good about my choices this week and my activities, so I figured, gain or loss, I was going to own it. 
192.8
I lost .6lbs the week of Thanksgiving [total loss 22lbs], and I am PROUD of that. Whoop Whoop! 

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and if you so choose, I hope you score some amazing deals this Black Friday. Shop on!!  

Oh and HEY! Don't be stingy, my FFF Girls need love too! Hop on over and share the love with Tara and Allie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You? You are an inspiration! Great job on the weight loss (yay!) and for running the entire 5K! Very good things this week!