Monday, March 23, 2009

What a weekend! Plus, an adventure in L&D

Our weekend was pretty busy, starting right after work on Friday. I had to run some errands and met up with a friend for dinner and pedicures! YES! We get our pedicures at Angel Nails bu Jenny, which is in the Meijer. Believe it or not...it is VERY NICE in there. Also very private, no gawkers peeking in the windows. We were their last appointment so we headed out and walked around Meijer a bit, then after I found Dawson some fleece lined crocs for 4 bucks, we checked out and went to leave..only I had no keys. I had locked them in the pedicure place!! OH NO! Good thing I know the owners daughter! So we had to wait for someone to come open the door for us. Then we met up with DH to head out to the Whiskey Barrel for a friend's birthday and some line dancing. I only did 1...the hustle, but my toes were starting to bother me and feeling really smooshed. I just took it easy and sat up at our table, but they only have bar stools, so I was nervous about my legs hanging down. We left and went back to meijer so that I could get Twilight and then headed home. Sure enough, my ankles and toes looked like smooshed sausages, they were so swollen. I figured I would head to bed and it would be okay.

Sat. I woke up and the swelling had gone down a bit,but not all the way. I got ready to head up to Mt. Pleasant so I could see some of the fam I had not seen since Christmas. Lunch was great, and I got to see one of my cousins that is also Pregnant, due 7 weeks behind me. Dawson is going to have a little playmate! So excited! Buttt....the 1.5 hour car ride each way did not fare me to well. By the time we had got back home, my ankles were the size of 2 liter bottles, and both my feet and hands were swollen. I called the on-call physician and these symptoms combined with my Blood Pressure had them worried. They had me come in to Labor and Delivery to get checked out. I came in and they ran my BP and urine, no protein but my BP was through the roof. They got the monitor on both Dawson and I. Dawson was hanging out around 150 bpm, and was kicking the monitor like CRAZY!! What a feisty little guy! It was so cool to hear and feel at the same time. Hearing him okay and happy in there calmed me down a bit and they took my BP again...which was at a "petty close to normal" range! YAY! They did run some labs just in case, but all is okay and they just told me to take-er-easy and increase my water intake, watch the sodium and keep my feet up as much as possible.

I immediately took their advice and slept for 11 hours Sat. night, followed by an hour nap Sunday afternoon ;-D Then Ryan and I went and spent some time with my dad and step mom, who are officially moving to Cali as of this week, and we will not see them again until July 30th.

No comments: