Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Checkup today!

I went to the Dr. today for my first 2 week checkup. BP was good, down a bit, and Dawson still has a HR of about 160. The little stinker kept running and kicking/ pushing on the Doppler, feisty lil guy already!! When the Dr. came in she said that my BP was still stable and all workups were coming back perfect. She says that my BP is not concerning her being that it is stable and predictable. She confirmed that she thinks between my last checkup and my trip to Labor/Delivery, my BP situation was a bit of an overreaction and Dawson and I are fine. Whew! She does want me to continue on my 2 week visits from here on out to continue to keep an eye on it, but based on my and Dawson's growth, she is sure we will go full term and be fine, granted there are no big shake ups in the 3rd. Trimester. I get to go back in 2 weeks and do my GD test...again and then another check up. I also confirmed that this spotting on my back/arms is a hormone rash..and is normal. At least now I can use cortizone instead of just lotion! Ahh the joys of pregnancy!!

How far along? 23 weeks, 3 days

Total weight gain/loss: up 4.5 lbs

Maternity clothes? Still my favorite!

Stretch marks? Still only on the belly

Sleep: I am about to hit the hay...at 8pm. Did not sleep good last night!

Best moment this week: Being told that my BP situation is under control, and I am likely to go full term!

Movement: Every day, and it still makes me smile every time!

Food cravings: It changes daily!

Gender: Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails...Its a boy!

Labor Signs: Nada..Thank goodness!

Belly Button in or out? It is hanging on for it's life as an innie...

What I miss: stomach sleeping and having energy

What I am looking forward to: Jeans on Friday and Getting some good news...Hopefully. Check back later for news!

Weekly Wisdom: I cannot be wise at this time...I am to tired...However, I am really starting to LOVE ice cold water LOL..Wierd right?!

Milestones: Relaxing at the Dr. office, making a difficult decision based on the needs of my family..Again, check back later!

Oh and I almost forgot! DH and I have secured our little guy a spot in daycare! WooHoo! DH's aunt's sister (still with me) has been doing daycare for the better part of 20 years. She is constantly full, and is now caring for some 2nd generation babies, people love her that much. She is a very sweet lady and we are so excited she is going to have a spot for our babe! Can I add, that she is also right around the corner from us...on my way to work...and very budget friendly! Sooooo happy about that!

No comments: