Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I got the leib!



this is a big, BIG moment for ye olde bee brood blog. I have been nominated by practical blog royalty, The Real Nancy Clue, for the Leibster Award!

do you read Nancy yet? well you need to. first of all, this girl is a boss for the main fact she is not in jail. the reason she writes is a doozy and I know had I been walkin in her heels, mama would be shackin up with  bobby jean for the next 20 years. Ms. Nancy is also hysterical. do yourself a favor and watch her fertility dance video (and think about babies). She rocks it out to a little digital underground all in the name of helping a friend. she's a bad bee.

Rules are rules, and Ive got to mention them. In order to accept this award you must;
1- thank the person that nominated you
2-write 11 fact-o-files about yourself
3-answer 11 questions given to you by the nominator (shakin in mah boots)
4-nominate 11 other bloggers who have 200 followers or less. tag them in your post
5-create 11 new questions for the bloggers you are nominating
6-notify your 11 nominees on their blog, so they can accept and join the fun!
7-not nominate the person who nominated you
8-once you have met these terms, you may add the Leibster Award Button to your blog.

11 randoms about mama b-

1-Just like my girl Nancy, I am late.for.everything.
2-I am bi-lingual. Si habla Espanol!
3-I once swallowed a paperclip that I was messing (in my mouth. I know. cringe. gross. ew) with trying to make sound effects for saggy boobs.
4-I love all things Sons of Anarchy. Go ahead, quiz me! (No really, I think its fun. Someone play SOA trivia with me!)
5-I love to read. Just about anything other than classics, non-fiction and anything boring. Latest Favorite is Sempre (forever) by J.M Darhower
6-When my son was in the NICU, my husband accidentally stabbed me in the toe with a syringe full of breast milk  Imagine having to explain that for the next year during the Red Cross questionnaire for donating blood.
7-I have 5 tattoos, and would like more.
8-Malibu and Diet is my go go juice. Only the taste of Coke makes me want to brush my teeth with a brillo pad. I'm a pepsi girl!
9-I don't know when, if ever, I will take out my nose ring. To me my nose is large and in-charge and my piercing just helps balance it out. I feel so awkward and naked without it.
10-My hair and it's natural red hue are one of my favorite features about myself. I have colored my hair all sorts of different colors, including pink, but I always come back to red.
11-I have had my own commercial, been on a telethon, been on American Chopper and my family had our own segment on our local news channel all in the past 3 years.

Nancy's 11 questions for me-

1-what was your first concert? My aunt took me and a friend to see Lonestar and Blake Shelton in 2001?2002? Blake Shelton was the opener, that's how long ago it was. It was the start of a serious concert fever. We sat in the nosebleeds and I just remember looking down and thinking about how much more fun all the people on the floor were having. And they were all standing up. Where I was sitting, no one stood, cheered, danced, whooped. Nothing! From then on, people like that made me crazy!!

2-if you were on death row, what would be your last meal before you were executed?  Oh Boy, here we go. Stuffed crust cheese pizza, asparagus, Shells and cheese, Chips and queso/ rotel, Cheese filled crescent rolls with a ton of garlic salt. diet Pepsi. Those little cookies with the Reese's cups pressed in the middle and some peanut butter balls. What? I'm not a fatty girl because I would pick salad, that is for dayyyyum sure.

3-if you could invite 3 people (living or dead) to dinner, who would you choose? This is where you all learn exactly how un-worldly (is that the right word? whatever, I don't care) I am.
Reba McIntire. Katy Sagal. Amy Sherman Pallidino. #1 and #3 would make me laugh until I pissed myself and then Katy would tell us to shut up, zip up our boots and throw back our drinks.

4-what was your most favorite day ever? Easy peasy lemon squeezy. August 17th 2009. After 4 months and 1 week in Nicus all over this God-forsaken state, I got to put my son in his car seat and hightail his mini-booty home.

5-what is one thing you would like to do before you die? I have a lot of these things. As a individual, I would like to get to a healthy and fit weight. Enjoy a summer, and enjoy a day in my life without that guilt and misery of being overweight. As a wife, I would like to go with my husband on an anniversary trip somewhere totally inappropriate and act like drunken sex fiends. Duval street, Vegas, Mardi Gras. Whatever. As a mom, I want to do my best raising my son to grow up both knowing how special he is and yet not knowing how different he is. I would like him to grow up outside the label. I would like to continue to show him the magic that is Disney. For him to see things I didn't, and I want to be there to see him live it.

6-what was your first car? Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. That thing was awesome and it only met its demise when I ran off the road on an icy curve and plowed over and ex-boyfriends bushes. end scene.

7-what is your ultimate dream vacation destination? One of those little huts in the middle of the ocean on an end of a dock that everyone has posted on pinterest at one moment or another. Or Disney World.

8-what is your most embarrassing moment? Oh man, I have so many to name. Plowing over an exes bushes is pretty high up there. Ive fallen at work, both on my face and down the stairs. Ive cried in front of hundreds of people. I stuttered on TV making the word best sound like bestest. I could go on and on.

9-who is your celebrity free pass? Charlie Hunnam as Jax Teller, but he must be in character, and he must wear his kutte. Channing Tatum could be a good time too as long as we get to go dancing first.

10-what is your biggest pet peeve? People who try to get in an elevator before letting everyone off first.

11- how old were you when you lost your virginity (you didn't think you were getting off that easy did you?) Ehhh boy. I really do not want to answer this. I have family that reads this for Heaven's sake. Lets just say this. I was too young (even though I had this boyfriend for a very long time in grade school years. Remember I'm a long term girl). My age ended with -teen and I couldn't drive yet.

My 11 questions-
1-Do you speak any languages other than English?
2-What is your favorite TV show/shows?
3-Natural Hair Color? Did you keep it, or do you color? Have you ever had a non-traditional color? (pink, blue, purple, seafoam...?)
4-What was the first cd/cassette you bought yourself?
5-What is your go-go juice made up of?
6-Favorite personal feature?
7-If you could have any job in the world, what would you do?
8-Do you have any tattoos? If so, what do they mean? If not, would you ever get one?
9-Have you ever been on television?
10-What is your all-time favorite meal, and who makes it?
11- Do you know your heritage and do you follow any traditions or have any connection to traditions of your ancestors/culture.

My 11 Nominees-
1.Andra at United States of Andra. My blogswap partner, go check her out to see what goodies I sent her!
2. Ashley at Life as Ashlet & 3. Isha at Everyday Isha. These 2 girls were on the same forums as me back in the day, and I just feel, familiar with them. This is when I really started looking into blogging and the whole mommy blogger situation and tried to decide if I wanted to blog about our TTC road.
3.Leigh Anne at Elle Noel.
4. Kassie at Southern Girl Gets Fit, the mastermind behind our blogger swap that hooked.me.up
5. Darci at Strongly Feminine

And with that, I'm going to bow out. Most of the blogs I follow have "too many followers" and the others have this award somewhere in their comments or last 5 posts. I will give you some of my "must reads" right now(in addition to the above) ...

Runs for Cookies
Mama Laughlin
Journey of a dreamer
4Kottez Runs It
Where we can live like Jack and Sally
The Real Nancy Clue
Is This thing on
Meals and Miles
Meals and Moves

There you have it! Now hop around and show some love!






2 comments:

Nancy Clue said...

Thanks for indulging me in my curiosity! I love, love, loved reading more about you! I loved your celebrity free passes and your things to do before you died - all perfect! You rock, Mama B! xoxo

Isha said...

Hey thanks! I will try to do this over the weekend! :D