Thursday, December 6, 2012

Blogger Swap with Southern Girl Gets Fit!

In November, Kassie with Southern Girl Gets Fit organized a blogger swap for any person who was interested. She took down names, hobbies, likes and dislikes, and a ton of other embarrassing helpful information about all of the interested bloggers. She then put all their names in a hat, swished them around, said abracadabra and ta-da! We all had partners.

I was assigned this great girl Andrea (not to be confused with my girl Andrea from TDC, ANOTHER great Andrea) from the south, and away we went shopping.

Now I am embarrassed to admit, that like all things my package went out late. I had my heart set on a few specific items and I underestimated exactly how much of a goose chase I would have to go on to get it, but I hope she loves what I sent ;)

I LOVE what I received in the mail today.

First of all, receiving packages in the mail when you know they are for you is about as exciting as this chubby girl standing in front of a case of donuts topped with sprinkles. I do my fair share of online shopping, mostly for the little man, but I love receiving goodies in the mail!

 
I received a whole package full of goodies, complete with a note and then individual notes from Andrea telling me why she bought what she did and what it made her think of.

 
I got a great wine stopper, SOA earphones, a new cup, yellow notepads for my desk, and a bottle sweater. Okay now lets break this down.
1. Wine stopper. Life is Short, Wine More. Enough Said.
2. Sons Of Anarchy Headphones. Have we talked about my SOA obsession? No, well I am not sure there is a way to describe it that doesn't include the words "certifiable", but I love SOA. I love the characters (not just the hot one, although there are many pictures of Jax saved on my phone. Computer. Walls. etc etc) and the writing/ writer. I love the music. I freaking LOVE Katy Segal.
 I love all of it. These were perfect.
3. I have an obsession. Well, 3 obsessions. 1) SOA. 2) Bags. 3) Cups. Again, perfect. Cannot wait to take this fun new cup into work and have it cheer me up (and keep me hydrated!) all day!
4.New yellow post it notes. I love notes. I love lists. I love post-its.
5. A BOTTLE SWEATER. Have you ever seen anything like this? This is fantastic. It is a sweater, for your bottle. No more clammy hands or sweaty bottles or sweat rings. And it's festive. #winning
Its like we were connected at the soul that Andrea and me.
 

 
Next, Andrea made me my very own Birch Box, in a cute little Chevron bag. CHEVRON. Love
I got 3 samples of Gucci Flora perfume, some sassy lip balm, lotion, face wash and wipes. Im so excited for this sassy-pants little bag and all the fun little samples.
What a great way to try some new things!
 
Thank you so much to Kassie for setting this up, and to Andrea for my great gifts.
 I had a great time, and really am loving my treats. I would totally do this again, hopefully in a more timely manner the next time.

No comments: