Friday, November 16, 2012

Confessions: I am a quitter

I am one of those people that you have always read about, heard about, known about, and hate talking to. Constantly on the verge of some great new plan, idea and train of thought, all excited in the mix, hands waving and fired up about how I just know, this plan is going to change my life.

Except, I am a quitter.

Other than my relationship with my family and my present employer, I have quit every single thing I have ever started (and shoot, I've even quit some of my family.) Weight loss plans, financial-planning-plans, jobs, exercise, blogging,  you name it, i've started it, bragged about it and quit it. When the going gets un-exciting, or hard,  I give up.

Because I am a quitter.

Blogger.
3 different photo-a-day challenges.
Giving up pop.
Weight Watchers. (although I am trying. Except I have quit tracking.)
Tracking.
My Fitness Pal.
Running.
Mint.com Budgeting.
Dave Ramsey.
Body Challenges.
Insanity.
P90x.
Turbo Fire.
30 Day Shred.
1. 2. 4 gyms.

Problem is, I don't ever see it coming or realize Im making the conscious decision to quit. I just start putting things off until tomorrow, or this weekend, or next week. At one point I have to just quit quitting. Seems like being a quitter, quitting should be easy?

In theory  I would like to be one of those people that is always thinking of something fun to do with their kids,  runs on the regular, balances their checkbook and has a savings, has a clean house, a great co-worker and associate, and just someone who has figured out how to grow the heck up and find some balance without it all crashing down on my head and being the person who is always.forgetting.SOMETHING. I know in my head that life isnt perfect and sometimes there are still dishes in the sink and clothes to be put away, bills to mail and a workout to do, but sometimes I would just love to be one of those people.

At what point does being a grown up suck a little bit less, and being responsible becoming a little bit more rewarding? Does it ever? Or do you just learn that in time, you have to pick yourself up by your bootstraps and pick your hard?

In all honesty, I didn't know how to come back and write a post here, after so much time. But I miss my writing, I miss my accountability and that conglomeration of bloggers and people. I miss being out here and I know that the writing is good for my soul, even if it is just rambling. Im going to try. Try to quit giving up. Try to get it together. Just try.

But I do know, that I have to figure out something, because he is worth it.


While this post was not all about weight loss, I found this fitting. You can really choose so many other things to substitute in .


Hello again, friends.

1 comment:

Melanie @ 4Kottez said...

Aww I loved this post. He is such a doll and the best part about being a quitter is you can QUIT being one:) Happy Friday.