Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Weight Loss Wednesday

197.6. (Total Loss 17.2lbs)

Race day is 3 days away. We start at 9am, and I am really hoping to run it in less than 45mins. My best time in practice was 47mins, so I just need my adrenaline to help me shave off 2 measly minutes. I of course, am also hoping to be able to run the whole thing. I have decided that if I can do that, Sunday I am getting a mani & pedi =) That is great motivation. You know, on top of the whole running a 5k thing.

I am taking a rest night tonight, and have a mini run tomorrow. Rest/Tail gate party for my High School's Homecoming on Friday and then off to the race on Saturday!! I have got to get my play list all ready to go, and it will definitely include this;


Maybe I'm a dreamer
Maybe I'm misunderstood
Maybe you're not seeing the side of me you should
Maybe I'm crazy
(Maybe I'm crazy)
Maybe I'm the only one
(Maybe I'm the only one)
Maybe I'm just out of touch
Maybe I've just had enough

Maybe it's time to change
And leave it all behind
I've never been one to walk alone
I've always been scared to try
So why does it feel so wrong
To reach for something more
To wanna live a better life
What am I waiting for?
'Cause nothing stays the same
Maybe it's time to change


Maybe it's hopeless
(Maybe it's hopeless)
Maybe I should just give up
(Maybe I should just give up)
What if I can't trust myself?
What if I just need some help?

Maybe it's time to change
And leave it all behind
I've never been one to walk alone
I've always been scared to try
So why does it feel so wrong
To reach for something more
To wanna live a better life
What am I waiting for?
'Cause nothing stays the same
Maybe it's time to change


And maybe it's time to change
And leave it all behind
I've never been one to walk alone
I've always been scared to try

And maybe it's time to change
And leave it all behind
I've never been one to walk alone
I've always been scared to try
So why does it feel so wrong
To reach for something more
To wanna live a better life

What am I waiting for?

'Cause nothing stays the same
Maybe it's time to change
'Cause nothing stays the same
Maybe it's time to change


Maybe-By the Sick Puppies. I am loving it, to me it is encouraging and motivating and has a good beat. It reminds me of the Biggest Loser theme song a little bit, and what better to keep my butt moving than Jillian Michaels?! My Health and Fitness forum was discussing motivation yesterday (This is a VERY big weekend for a lot of runners) and some great quotes came out;

"Faint, puke, die or Keep Walking" -Jillian, season 10. A great reminder that your BODY will do what it can, and will tell you when it can't. Other than that, it is all mental.

"Why CHOOSE Failure, when SUCCESS is an option? -Jillian, Losing it with Jillian season 1. Quitting is always a choice. You never regret the exercises/runs that you do, you almost always regret the ones that you don't!!

I am all about the motivation this week, so give it to me Readers!! And a huge Whoop Whoop and GOOD LUCK to all of the 10-10-10 Marathon Runners! You got this!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck this weekend! You are doing so great! You should definitely be able to shave off that extra two minutes when it comes time for the actual race. Your competitive spirit will kick in and, when those around you pick up speed, you will too ;)

Can't wait to hear how it goes and, of course, to see pictures of you crossing the finish line!

Unknown said...

You are going to do FANTASTIC on Saturday, no doubt about it and I will be at the finish line waiting for you (and taking too many pics) See ya girl!!!

Karen said...

I have a $50 gift certificate to Patrick's if you want it.