Thursday, October 7, 2010

2 more days!

I had a rough run today, followed by a lackluster night of Zumba. Oh goody, way to go out with a bang.

On my lunch I wanted to get in 25 mins of straight run time, and I just could not get there. I couldn't catch my breath and my whole body was sore. It just is really getting me down on the whole running thing. I feel like I am not getting any better and am going to totally flop this race this weekend. My lovely attitude carried over to Zumba tonight and while I was able to get some great stretching in, thats about it. I just could.not.get.there. GRR I hate those days.

Thankfully, I am a blogger. I am really getting into some Health & Fitness blogs, as well as dabbling in some clean eating blogs. Like always, my H&F (as well as an amazing peptalk from a co-worker) was able to lift my spirits a little tonight.

Stephanie heard this at spin tonight...

"It doesn't matter who has higher resistance. It doesn't matter who spins the fastest. It doesn't matter who has the fanciest gear. What matters is who has the heart to keep doing it."

Steph followed with "SO TRUE! SO VERY TRUE. Outside of spin, it just relates to everything, particularly fitness related goals. It doesn't matter if it takes you 2 years to lose 20 pounds when your friend lost it in a month. It doesn't matter if it takes you two hours to run a 5k when that speed-demon neighbor did it in 20 minutes. What matters is if we each keep going and tugging along at our own pace."

But for real, is that not a great kick in the pants or what? In the end, we will have all ran 3.1 miles, and who cares if I took 45 minutes to do it, other than me.

I am running Saturday FOR ME. And well, because Cancer Sucks!

Off to make my playlist!

**PS. I would like to add, that since June 24th I have ran 80.74 miles. Oh-Flippen-YEAH! That in itself, is making me a little pumped. I love it!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on the 80+ miles! That is fantastic! Also, the advice you got is so true. It doesn't matter how fast you go, just so long as you do it! Just before I did my first 5K, I ran (almost) everyday for 2 weeks. And then I totally sucked at the race because my body was fatigued. You will do great this weekend; just keep your eye on the prize, honey!

Karen said...

Congrats on your race this weekend. Wish I could have been there to cheer you at the finish line. I am so proud of your accomplishments and determination. Just like you pointed out, you only have to keep your eye on your own goals.

Love,
Karen