Monday, July 12, 2010

McFatty Monday

I have been a long-time reader of BLAIR, and quite sometime ago, she started McFatty Monday. It basically one long train of bloggers that hop on the wagon and move forward, creating a healthier lifestyle for themselves and their families. A few posts ago, I mentioned changing my blog a bit. I'm hopping on McFatty Monday.

I wouldn't say that I have always struggled with my weight, because even though I "thought" I was fat in high school, I wasn't. I was a size 9/10 and I hated it. But you see, I pack a little, scratch that a LOT of junk in my trunk. I do not pack light. And I am top-heavy/busy/chesty/whatever PC term you prefer to use. So when you add the front and the back into the equation, my middle just tries to keep up.

I can't really remember the weights I have been at, but I remember sizes so I am going to go with that. When I graduated high-school, I got my first desk-job 3 months later ( I was LUCKY) and I was about a size 10/11ish. 3 years later, I had done WW 3 or 4 times, but my wedding dress was a size 12. One year after that, we went on a group cruise, I was a size 14. We had already been TTC for about 4 month then. I gained more weight TTC, then I did actually being pregnant (thank you morning sickness!). When I went back to work after D came home, I was a size 16.

I got back on the WW wagon, but you see, WW does not work for me. I always start off good, but sooner or later my entire journal is Smart Ones or 100 calorie packs and I have had nothing but processed foods all day long. I finally had had enough, and went to see my family Dr. in May. I hadn't been in about, ohh 5 years or so and we started with a physical.



I was 5'6" and 214lbs. Technically I am Obese. Or possibly worse that, but I am not sure because I got so mad at myself I quit listening. And my Blood Pressure was still high. My Dr., bless that women, was a kick in the pants. I am not healthy AND my BP is high. I have a kid. How am I supposed to lead by example, when I don't even set a good one?!

She wanted me to go off WW, and just focus on calorie counting, and amping up my Fruits and Veggies. I also admit, with her APPROVAL I take Alli, which is a weight-loss supplement. Or booster. Whatever you want to call it, it helps flush the fats that I eat out of my system. It gives me gas, but in case you are wondering, no I have never shit my pants. Which is the #1 rumor about this product. I love it, if you have any questions, please do NOT hesitate to ask!!

For now, my number one focus is bringing my BP down. Dr. said I was not in a place to be medicated....yet. I have 6 months to FOCUS, and bring it down on my own. With diet and exercise I am trying. Currently, I track all of my intake ON MY PHONE! I love it! I use fatsecret.com's mobile app. I also weigh in once a week at a weigh station at work, using their incentahealth program (they pay you to get healthy, or stay healthy!! But keep in mind, most of the time I will be using those photos as "before/after" photos. And it's Monday morning. And I haven't eaten yet. These will NOT be the best photos I have ever taken!)

I also have signed up for my first 5k. Let me follow that up by saying, I am not a runner. Never have been, but I am trying the Couch25k program, and so far, I like it! I look forward to running, and am doing that every other day. I also take both Step and Zumba classes.

I still fall off the wagon, I still hate my body, and I am still learning, but my motivation is 100 times stronger now. I need to do it for D, because I want to see him grow up and be happy, and I want to do it unmedicated.

I usually weigh in every Monday, so I am going to try and keep up with McFatty Monday, but I am not weighing in this week until Friday (right before vacation, with a goal of 200lbs or less) so I will catch you up with last weeks weigh in.

June 9 2010 -205.4 lbs. (9.4 lbs lost)

4 comments:

Heidi - D said...

Glad to have you as a fellow McFatty!

You're doing great so far! MUCH better than I have been... But I'm NOT giving up!

I'd love it if you'd join our McFatty McLinky at my site!

http://itsjustmeheidid.blogspot.com/2010/07/mcfatty-monday-mclinky.html

Good luck to you!

Lisa said...

I'm doing a Couch to 5K, too! This week is Week 3 for me and so far I love it! Good luck with your training!!!

Vanessa said...

Way to go with goal of a 5k..that is something great to work towards!

Erica said...

way to sara, super proud of you :)