Friday, February 6, 2009

Frusterated Vent- Very Very Long Vent.

So right this second I am beyond frusterated with my Dr.’s office. And now, I am going to vent into the interwebs. At my last appointment, I went in to the Lab first and did my 1-hour GD test. Sipped the drink, watch my blood get sucked into multiple vials, asked to go to the restroom….went. Then I went over to the Dr. office, and checked in. So DearHusband and I get called back, and immediately bitchnurse starts on.
“Today we will be in room 23”
DH and I go into room 23
“Oh, well let me take your weight”
Me: “Oh again?”
BN: Yes, we will be doing this at every appointment.
So I get on the scale…yada yada.
BN: Okay, now you need to provide a urine sample.
Me: But I don’t have to go right now.
BN: Again, You will need to do this AT EVERY APPOINMENT (seriously, she was RUDE)
Me: Well I was just in the lab and they let me go there.
BN: You went to the lab again? What for?
Me: MaryBeth orderd my GD test.
BN: Why?
Me: Um…….???
BN then proceeds to declare that I will be required to pee before I leave the office, I ask for water and get like 2oz of water because the cooler needs changing.

So then, I’m frusterated because shouldn’t she know? We go back into the room and she wants to take my BP, however she chooses to do it right over the gauze where my blood was taken. So of course I flinch, and she goes “Oh, was that where they drew blood?” Me: “Yes” BN: Well you couldda said something! Me: thinking….Didn’t the gauze give it away? No?

BN finally leaves and Dr. comes in, besides giving me results to a test I didn’t want, and fluffing the results for a test I did want…he was pleasant. Explained I was not going to be required to pee that day, but going forward I will need to do so at every appt. Well that’s fine and dandy, but you might want to communicate with your Consult Nurse to convey that with every patient from day 1…not on appointment #4.

Fast forward 1 month…..I still have not heard back about my GD results. So I call the Dr. and wait….and wait and wait and wait…..23 mins I am on hold, and then the receptionist answers, I tell her I am calling for my results and she offers to connect me to the nurse. So I wait….and wait and wait and wait. 24 mins I wait for the damn nurse. All she says is that we will talk about it at my next appointment, which they would have done anyway and that’s why no one called me. But, they ARE in normal limits. YAY!! Thanks deuchface.

So…I believe I am switching Drs. At 16 weeks into the game. Thankfully there is one in the same network, that delivers at the same hospital, that is right around the corner from work..and comes VERY HIGHLY recommended around my office. (Which, with the alarming pregnancy rate around here…is pretty accurate info) I have my consult with them on 2/17.

No comments: