Monday, August 30, 2010

Mcfatty Monday-8/30

I have changed my weigh-in days from Monday to Friday. It is just what works for me, I guess I indulge a little to much over the weekend and Sunday's are our typical "family dinner days". Call me vain, but I need to see the numbers!! I will still try and remember to post on Mondays though.

(Friday, 8/27/10 196.3lbs ~ Total loss 17.7lbs)

This bloggie-friends, is my bestie. my bff. my homeslice. my girl. LOL
We have been friends for 16 years (oh.mah.gah.) and been through the mud and back. This girl, this girl knows me better than most (short of dh and the parentals...and maybe even more than them) and loves me anyway. She did a very selfless thing and enlisted last November and has been gone for 5 MONTHS! I haven't been away from her that long since I was 9. For serious. Last week she came home for a month long visit between basic/AIT and reporting to her actual post. One month of crazy, giggly, gilmore-girls filled evenings. I love this girl to pieces!!

Whoops, this is Mcfatty Monday, not pour-your-heart-out-to-the-internets Monday. This was Friday night, for her coming-home party. I am not to sure why I chose this picture, but I feel like I can see so much change in myself here. My jaw and cheeks are defined, I don't look puffy. For the first time in a long time, I like this picture of me.

Last week, I also completed 2 5ks. Granted, they were just practice and both took me over 45mins, but I still finished. There is a park near my house that is trails that are all mapped out and such, and my cousin and I have been running the 5k trail. We hit the woods again tomorrow.I also got on the dreadmill yesterday and ran over 6mins before I looked down and realized that I had gone over the time limit on my run interval and was able to walk now...thats quite an accomplishment for me. Usually I am counting down the entire last minute in my head...45...44...43...

Still struggling a bit with the calorie counting, but again it is still only on days that I am working out, so I am taking it that my body is trying to tell me something and trying not to beat myself up over it.

Anyone out there still reading this? Why quotes help move you? What keeps you going? Or who?

3 comments:

4stemmes said...

I'm still reading! I weigh-in on Thursday (rather than Monday) for similar reasons. It's much easier for me to slip-up during the weekend and I don't think that a week's worth of hard work should be slighted because of a date night.

So glad you were able to spend time with your bestie! And, I can totally see a difference in your face! You are looking very slim :)

Keep up the good work!

4stemmes said...

And, I gave you a blog award on my blog! You can go here to check it out:
http://manysleeplessnights.wordpress.com/2010/08/31/blog-awards/

Unknown said...

Great pic, Sara!! I agree, although i never thought your face was fat, just a mom thing I guess. Kept reading and "what or who keeps me going?" you, DW, Ry and Jeff that is a definite!!! My babies and grandbabies and of course best friends!! Tell Joy I said hello!!