Sunday, May 10, 2009

Dawson's first "birthday" and My first Mother's day

Well, Mr. Dawson turned 1 month old on Thursday, however mommy is slightly in denial. Where did that time go? How could it be a month already?

Thursday was a big day for us, I changed my first (but soooo far from my last) diaper...although finding his butt is a whole new task entirely! DH and I were also able to assist in his bath, and changing his linens. Dawson also got his first Tshirt! A little white top, but the nurse drew "MSU" on the front in green marker LOL. She was so nice. The Dr. also decided to start feedings again, however they are taking a new approach since we have been struggling with this. Instead of a few mls every so many hours, they are now doing .5mls consistently every hour. Dawson has been tolerating this much better. He is also having multiple BM's each day...I never thought I would be soo happy about poop haha.

They also moved Dawson back to the conventional ventilator! YES! The dr. was starting to worry that the oscillator was putting to much pressure on the kidneys. Dawson did very well with the move and has been slowly weaning down on his settings. As of this morning...17 bpm (breaths per minute, 15 is the lowest you can go I believe) and Dawson is breathing over the ventilator, all on his own. Such a positive step in the right direction!!

I also had my first baby shower! My Aunt, cousin, and one of my best friend's were kind enough to throw us such an awesome get-together. Food was excellent and the cake was even better ;-) We got tons of goodies, and had a good time just spending some girl time and enjoying the thought of being a mom instead of worrying so much. Thanks so much girls!!!

For my first mother's day, Dawson and Daddy got me a pedicure, which was fantastic, and just in time. Mommy needed that time to relax!


Mommy with Dawson's first birthday cake...funfetti! YUM!


My little peeper boy


MOM! No more pictures!!

No comments: